Man sentenced to 29 years in prison for Truck Park bar shooting

Man sentenced to 29 years for role in Truck Park Bar shooting

Man sentenced to 29 years for role in Truck Park Bar shooting

One of the two men convicted in the shooting that hurt more than a dozen people and killed one woman at a St. Paul bar in 2021 will spend many years behind bars.

On Friday morning, 31-year-old Devondre Trevon Phillips was sentenced to nearly 29 years (346 months) in prison by judge Carolina Lamas for the shooting at Truck Park bar on Oct. 10, 2021.

Marquisha Wiley, 27, was killed during the shooting and more than a dozen others were hurt.

Phillips was convicted of eight counts of attempted second-degree murder by a jury back in February.

The other shooter that night, 34-year-old Terry Lorenzo Brown, was convicted of second-degree murder and four counts of attempted second-degree murder earlier this month. His sentencing is set for August.

Prosecutors say Phillips and Brown had prior confrontations that led to the shootout. Both Phillips’ and Brown’s attorneys tried to paint the other as the aggressor.

Before he was sentenced Friday, several victim impact statements were read in court, and Phillips also briefly spoke and took responsibility for his actions.

Early Friday afternoon, the Ramsey County Attorney issued the following statement:

“Mr. Phillips’ actions inside a crowded bar set in motion a terrifying scene which resulted in 15 people shot and one young woman losing her life. We are thankful for the jury’s verdict of guilty and the sentence handed down by the Judge today, which recognizes the immense devastation caused by Mr. Phillips to all the victims in this case and our entire community. We do not tolerate gun violence in our community. We hope that today brings some measure of justice to all of those who still suffer the impact of that horrifying night. A very special thank you to the prosecution staff that took this case to a trial and the numerous investigators who worked so hard on this case to determine the truth of what happened.”

John Choi, Ramsey County Attorney