Weekend events: Jan. 13-15
[anvplayer video=”5157200″ station=”998122″]
While we’re in the midst of winter, there are plenty of events happening across the metro area this weekend. Read about some local happenings below. CLICK HERE for the forecast so you know how to dress for any outdoor events.
- Vikings rally at the Mall of America: The Minnesota Vikings are getting fans excited ahead of the team’s playoff game during Wild Card Weekend. The rally will be held from 5-7 p.m. in the mall’s rotunda, with cheerleaders, the SKOL line and Vikings legends Scott Studwell and Chuck Foreman attending.
- Flyfest Ski Jumping: Ski jumping returns to Bush Lake Ski Jumps in Bloomington. Tickets are $10 for anyone ages 13 and older. Kids 12 and under can attend for free. Former Olympians are also expected to be in attendance. Doors open at 5, with events starting at 6. Food trucks will be available for food, drinks and snacks.
- Wild game: The Minnesota Wild will host the Arizona Coyotes Saturday evening. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. The Wild are currently 22-14-4, while the Coyotes are 13-22-5. CLICK HERE for KSTP’s full Wild coverage.
- Pet the Stress Away: Healing Hearts Rescue will bring dogs into Lakes and Legends Brewing Company in Minneapolis for an adoption event. The event is free and open to everyone, including kids. There will also be food trucks on-site, as well as pizza in the taproom. The event runs from 2-4 p.m.
- Vikings game: The Minnesota Vikings will host the New York Giants during Wild Card Weekend Sunday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m., and the halftime show includes a performance from rapper Ludacris. CLICK HERE for KSTP’s full Vikings coverage.
- St. Paul RV Super Show: The event kicked off Thursday at the St. Paul RiverCentre. You can check out camping, RV and all things outdoors from a variety of vendors. There are also live events and interactive exhibits for the entire family. It is free to attend. Doors open at 10 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- Home Building Expo: The Home Building and Remodeling Expo begins Friday at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Nicollet Mall. Many different local and regional companies will be there, and contractors will be able to walk you through changes to cabinetry, countertops, flooring, waterproofing and adding solar power to your home. Adults can get in for $5, and those ages 18 and under get in for free. Doors open at 2 p.m. Friday and will open at 10 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- Snocross: Professional Snocross Snowmobile racing is happening Friday and Saturday at Canterbury Park in Shakopee. More than 300 riders from around the world will be part of the action, with amateur events starting Friday and then the professional shows starting at 6 p.m. both nights. Events begin at 11 a.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday. Tickets are $15 in advance, and kids ages five and under can attend for free.
- Tropical Oasis Weekend: The weather will be winter-like outside, but inside the Como Park Conservatory, there will be animals and plants found in rainforests and salt water. The event runs Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Winter Flower Show opens Saturday and will feature pink and purple flowers. Sunday afternoon, there will be Music Under Glass concerts, which include free concerts and beverages.
- Take a Kid Ice Fishing: Any Minnesota resident can go ice fishing for free if a child aged 15 and younger is with from Saturday, Jan. 14 through Monday, Jan. 16. Kids ages 15 and younger don’t need fishing licenses at any time of the year. CLICK HERE for ice fishing tips.
[anvplayer video=”5157199″ station=”998122″]