Charges: St. Cloud man involved in weekend shooting was told to move out by roommate

Court records show a St. Cloud man has been formally charged after a shooting this past weekend.

According to the criminal complaint, 32-year-old Ian Hoffarth has been charged with one count of Threats of Violence – Reckless Disregard Risk.

As previously reported, police were called to a residence on the 6000 block of Cape West Court shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday for a report of a man who was shot by his roommate.

RELATED: Police: Man arrested after being shot in St. Cloud

When they arrived, they found a man — identified as Hoffarth — on the lawn with a gunshot wound to his leg. He was given aid, and while he was treated, officers heard his phone ring and learned the call was coming from his roommate, identified as C.G., who police reported this past weekend as being 30 years old.

Hoffarth then answered, and police say they heard C.G. tell Hoffarth that Hoffarth had “came to the residence, caused a problem and a gun was produced during the confrontation.”

After hearing that, an officer walked away to speak with C.G. privately, and the complaint states Hoffarth yelled at the officer to “shoot him in the f***ing head.”

Officers then continued to speak with Hoffarth, who told them C.G. had texted him while Hoffarth was at a bar and told him he needed to move out.

After looking at Hoffarth’s phone, police say they found a message saying “Cool be there in 15. Think I’m scared of dying. Going to regret believing dips***s telling lies. Better have a gun ready.”

The complaint goes on to say C.G. came out of the home and gave a statement, saying Hoffarth came into the home, yelled he was going to kill C.G. and pointed a gun at him.

That’s when C.G. told police he grabbed for the gun, and they began fighting. He said he “heard a loud bang” and saw blood, and then left the basement area.

Hoffarth’s first appearance was held Tuesday morning. His bail with no conditions is $60,000, and is $10,000 with conditions, which include not entering the victim’s home, not contacting the victim, no use of alcohol or controlled substances and others.

If convicted, he faces a maximum of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

His next court date is scheduled for May 20.