Even if the weather doesn’t want to act like it … spring is here! And maybe if we start welcoming spring into our homes with fun crafts and décor, Mother Nature will get the memo.
One-Step Lemon Bundt Cake by Donna Erickson
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup soft unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour one Bundt cake pan. Or, spray with non-stick baking spray with flour.
2. Put all of the cake ingredients into a mixer bowl and blend at low speed for about 1 minute. Beat an additional 3 minutes at medium speed. It will be light-yellow and creamy.
3. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake upright on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before glazing.
6. To glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with a whisk until smooth. Add more juice for a pourable consistency. Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and let glaze dry.