Nutella Covered Cherries
Alice Seuffert, Twin Cities Live Kitchen Star and creator of Dining with Alice is giving Twin Cities Live viewers the most yummy twist on a Buckeye. Tucked inside a rich Nutella and a dark chocolate coating sprinkled with salt is a cherry! We paired the treat with Bridgeman’s Cherry Nut ice cream.
Alice Seuffert, Dining with Alice
- 30 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 ¾ cup Nutella
- ½ cup Butter (salted, softened)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 package Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate (10 ounces)
- Optional Garnishes: Sea Salt
- Remove the cherries from the jar and drain liquid. Place the cherries on a few paper towels and press lightly to remove the extra liquid. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, blend Nutella, butter, and powdered sugar until combined.
- Divide into 30 balls, and wrap each ball around a cherry and roll the ball until smooth.Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Once cherry balls are formed, heat the Ghiradelli chocolate and dip each ball or drizzle on the chocolate. Once dipped, add sea salt if desired.
Makes 30 Nutella Covered Cherries
Adapted Recipe from Dining with Alice