It’s the perfect time of year to give yourself permission to wear sparkle. Stylist Amy Seeman shows us how.
Amy is currently taking donations for the 12 Moms of Christmas (https://www.appleautos.com/12-moms). To donate email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org. To book Amy for a refresh in your closet, click here. Follow Amy on Instagram @mamaseeman.
Look 1: Ela
- This dress and blouse is from Generation Bliss (use code TCL at checkout for 20% off)
- This look is perfect to wear to a holiday show or you corporate holiday party.
- I love a classic red plaid print this time of year.
- You can also create a similar look by adding a blouse under a sleeveless dress you have at home. Don’t forget to experiment with layering under vs always looking for a jacket to go over.
Look 2: Taryn
- I am currently opting for trousers over anything else these days. They are more comfortable than denim and more chic than leggings.
- This plaid pair is on Target clearance for $16! It’s a great Thanksgiving outfit. Room for seconds, dressy enough for a quick family photo.
- This is called the sandwich effect where you pair a casual top, like this quarter zip, with a casual shoe and then the middle is a bit dressier. You can also use that same concept in reverse.
Look 3: Lacey
- If you aren’t into sequins, you can still add some shine with metallics. I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect silver jean since last year and I finally found it at Serge + Jane. They have a TON of holiday outfits so it’s a great place to pop in and shop local.
- The sweater is Rent the Runway – another great option for all your holiday events. Use this link to get 30% off your 1st rental.
- Other style ideas with the metallic pants: a blazer, a blouse, or a sweatshirt and sneakers to dress it down.