UPDATE: 276 arrested in Twin Cities overnight; nearly 500 arrested since Friday

[anvplayer video=”4915011″ station=”998122″]

Nearly 500 people have been arrested since the Minnesota Multi-Agency Command Center was created on Friday in response to protests and civil unrest.

Sunday night, Gov. Tim Walz and state officials discussed the state’s response to protests in the Twin Cities.

"I think over the last two days (in) Minnesota, we’ve clearly shown a difference between people exercising their first amendment rights, showing passion to injustices and trying to make their voices heard, and those that were trying to do something different," Walz said.

Minnesota Department of Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell, who was speaking on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS), said around 150 people were arrested at Washington Avenue for breaking curfew.

DPS said Monday morning that a total of 276 people, which includes the 150 referenced earlier, were arrested Sunday night into Monday morning.

DPS added that two bulletproof vests and four handguns were found hidden in nearby bushes during the arrests near Washington Avenue and I-35W.

Many of those were protesters who were on the I-35W bridge. That protest was interrupted when a semi drove into the crowd. DPS said it does not appear any protesters were hit, and the driver has been taken into custody.

UPDATE: Driver of tanker truck that drove through crowd of protesters on the I-35W bridge identified, booking photo released

Schnell said those who were arrested "were very respectful with officers."

Schnell also said 10 to 12 people were arrested following a protest at the Minnesota State Capitol, where demonstrators had broken curfew.

"There has not been significant unrest, though we have had people out breaking curfew," Schnell said.

Earlier in the evening, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety reported that caches of flammable and incendiary materials had been found in the metro area.

When asked about those caches and if there had been reports of fires, Schnell said, "It has been very quiet on the fire front."

The Minneapolis Police Department did report a fire at a small grocery store at Lake Street and Park Avenue.