Surveillance video shows events leading up to George Floyd’s arrest; Park Police releases bodycam video

[anvplayer video=”4912477″ station=”998122″]

ABC News has obtained surveillance video from a south Minneapolis restaurant that shows the moments leading up to George Floyd’s arrest and eventual death at the hands of Minneapolis police officers.

The video was taken from outside Dragon Wok at 38th Street and Chicago Avenue — just across the street from where a police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck for several minutes, rendering him unresponsive.

The video, which was provided by Dragon Wok owner Rashad West, shows two police officers walk across the street to approach a parked SUV. The officers are seen talking with the people inside the vehicle. Two people step out from the front and back passenger doors while an officer is taking Floyd, who was sitting in the driver’s seat, into custody.

After Floyd is put into handcuffs, the officer walks him over to the sidewalk and over to the building nearby. Floyd’s back is placed against the wall, and Floyd is sat down.

More from KSTP:

‘This is the right call’: Officers involved in fatal Minneapolis incident fired, mayor says

Police training expert speaks about fatal Minneapolis incident

The officer who walked Floyd over to the wall starts questioning him while a second squad car pulls up to the scene. The officer then pulls Floyd’s arm to get him on his feet and a second officer takes hold of his other arm to walk him across the street.

In the video, Floyd can be seen talking with the officers, but he does not appear to struggle as they walk him over to the squad car parked across the street. At the very end of the video, the door to the squad car across the street opens up, although it is difficult to see whether the officers are trying to load Floyd in the vehicle.

A viral video later surfaced showing a white officer, who was identified as Derek Chauvin, kneeling on Floyd’s neck while Floyd pleaded, "Please, please, I can’t breathe." After several minutes, Floyd became unresponsive. He was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Chauvin and three other officers involved in Floyd’s death were fired on Tuesday.

Protesters gathered at the intersection of Chicago Avenue and 38th Street throughout the day Tuesday before marching northeast to the Minneapolis Police Department’s 3rd Precinct at Lake Street and Minnehaha Avenue. There, what had been a peaceful protest turned chaotic as demonstrators vandalized the police station and squad cars and threw rocks at law enforcement.

Police in riot gear tried to disperse the crowd with canisters of chemical irritants and rubber bullets.

Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board said a Park Police squad car can been seen in the above video because an officer responded to a radio request for assistance. Upon arriving at the scene, the officer was directed to monitor a vehicle and two people located about 118 feet from where Floyd was.

Park Police released bodycam footage from the Park Police officer, but said the officer was not in a location to witness or intervene in the Minneapolis Police incident involving Floyd. You can see that footage below.

The redacted video doesn’t show faces of two people who were passengers in Floyd’s car near Cup Foods at 38th Street and Chicago Avenue where the incident took place Monday evening, but it does capture the interaction between the Park Police Officer and those acquaintances of Floyd’s.

In the body camera video, the Minneapolis Park Police officer tells the occupants of Floyd’s car to not interfere with the car and to stay on the sidewalk until the arrest was completed.

The unidentified Minneapolis Park Police officer said, "Just stay put, alright, until my partners and them are done over there and they can figure things out. We’ll figure things out alright. Right now, we’re grabbing an ambulance for your buddy."

[anvplayer video=”4912865″ station=”998122″]