Q&A: Former Twins manager Ron Gardenhire on retirement, his son managing the Saints, and more
[anvplayer video=”5005054″ station=”998122″]
KSTP Sports caught up with former Twins and Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire. He’s enjoying retirement, living in Fort Myers.
***Click the video box above to watch our conversation with Gardenhire***
Talking points with Gardenhire:
- Retirement life at 63-years-old and whether there’s any scenario that could have him managing
- Toby, his son, taking over as St. Paul Saints manager
- Whether he’s thought about being a special ass’t, whether with the Twins, Tigers, or any other organization
- His time managing the Tigers and how they seem to be on the upswing
- How much turnover there has been with the Twins since his last days here in 2014
- All the Twins’ offseason additions and how Andrelton Simmons, Alex Colome, J.A. Happ, and others will help in the Twins’ quest to repeat as A.L. Central champs
Gardenhire plans on spending a good amount of time in the Twin Cities over the summer to be able to watch his son manage up-close.