Many Minnesota natives taken on Day 2 of NHL Draft
It is a yearly theme when the NHL Draft rolls around: counting how many Minnesota natives were selected. This year was not any different.
Here is a running tally:
– D Brock Faber, Maple Grove native and current Gopher – No. 45 to L.A. Kings
– D Jake Boltmann, Edina native and future Gopher – No. 80 to Calgary – Boltmann currently plays for Lincoln in the USHL and talked to KSTP Sports before the Draft.
– D Wyatt Kaiser, Andover native and UMD Bulldog – No. 81 to Chicago
– C Jackson Hallum, St. Thomas Academy and Michigan commitment – No. 91 to Las Vegas
– C Jack Smith, St. Cloud native (Cathedral HS) and future UMD Bulldog – No. 102 to Montreal. Smith currently plays for Sioux Falls in the USHL.
– C Blake Biondi, Hermantown native and UMD Bulldog – No. 109 to Montreal
– D Mason Lagenbrunner, Cloquet native and Harvard commit – No. 151 to Boston. Lagenbrunner currently plays for Sioux City in the USHL.
– F Joe Miller, Minneapolis native and The Blake School and Gophers commitment – No. 180 to Toronto. Miller also plays for Chicago in the USHL.