Lynx adjusting to condensed play schedule
[anvplayer video=”4950243″ station=”998122″]
Lynx Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve, forward Napheesa Collier and guard Bridget Carleton spoke to the media via Zoom following practice on Tuesday afternoon.
***CLICK ON THE VIDEO BOX TO HEAR FROM ALL THREE***
Reeve spoke about:
– Lexie Brown and her concussion situation — would be surprised if she isn’t in action.
– Guard rotation if Brown is able to play.
– Have won via defense and rebounding so far, so is the team getting shots that they wanted and just not falling, or not getting shots you want?
– One player is causing all turnovers (Collier) and how it is imprtant to cut those down.
– How is she staying sane a month into the bubble?
– More pick-and-roll ball handler possessions, how is that going?
– She is leading team in assists, is that targeted or just what is coming out of her new role?
– Is Reeve harder on the rookies this year than she was to Naphessa last year?
– Do they spend a lot of time on defense compared to last?
– How is she handling playing every other day? Changes to routine?
Carleton touched on:
– How is it going?
– How she is connecting to people outside the bubble.
– How the team is getting along
– How she is handling the condensed schedule
– How is she taking care of her body and recovery?
– What is the key to come in off the bench and be impactful?
– Is it hard to mentally be ready coming off the bench when she is used to playing big minutes?
– What is she looking forward to most in her new role?