Red Wing continues to prepare for spring flooding
As the Mississippi River begins to see higher river levels, Red Wing continues to prepare for spring flooding.
According to a release from the city, as of Monday morning, water levels were at 13 feet. By Sunday, levels are expected to reach 13.3 feet.
Because of the flooding, there has been some impact on city roads and parks, including:
- Access to the public boat launch at Fraizer Street is closed,
- Colvill Park and boat ramp remain closed,
- Levee Road west of the roundabout to Pottery Pond remain open,
- Bay Point Park and boat ramp will remain open,
- East Fifth Street at Barn Bluff is open.