Weekend construction closes I-35W south of downtown Minneapolis
All northbound lanes of Interstate 35W will close from Highway 62/Crosstown to Interstate 94 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
The following ramps will also close starting at 9 p.m. on Friday:
- The Highway 62 ramp to northbound I-35W
- The 60th Street ramp to northbound I-35W
- The Diamond Lake Road ramp to northbound I-35W
- The 46th Street ramp to northbound I-35W
- The 35th Street ramp to northbound I-35W
The closure is due to warranty work on the 35W@94 project.
A detour route is in place using westbound Highway 62/Crosstown, northbound Highway 100, eastbound I-394 and I-94 to access I-35W.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is urging drivers to add extra time on the roads and avoid cutting through neighborhoods to get around the closure.
For an updated map on MnDOT construction projects and closures click here.