Section of Metro Transit Blue Line routes to close for 5 weeks, switch to bus travel
A section of METRO Blue Line stations will temporarily switch to bus travel while repairs are made, Metro Transit announced Tuesday morning.
Metro Transit says work to repair broken rails, signals and streets will close select stations near Bloomington’s South Loop District, Fort Snelling National Cemetery and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport from July 8 to Aug. 15.
Blue Line passengers who ride either direction between Mall of America and Airport-Terminal 2 stations should make extra time for travel, the agency says.
That’s because bus travel, although running similar routes, is slower than light rail transit (LRT).
Affected stops are as follows:
- MOA Transit Station – Stop #51405 (northbound)
- Mall of America Crossing – Stop #57177 (northbound)
- 30th Ave Station – Stop #51437 (northbound)
- Bloomington Central Station – Stop #51436 (northbound)
- American Blvd 34th Ave Station – Stop #53280 (northbound)
- Terminal 2 Humphrey Station – Stop #51420 (southbound)
- American Blvd 34th Ave Station – Stop #53279 (southbound)
- Bloomington Central Station – Stop #51421 (southbound)
- 30th Ave Station – Stop #51422 (southbound)
- Mall of America Crossing – Stop #57176 (southbound)
- MOA Transit Station – Stop #51405 (southbound)
LRT service is expected to resume at 4 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 15, Metro Transit says.
Passengers can click here to view replacement bus maps for their route.
For additional information, Metro Transit can be reached at 612-373-3333.