UPDATE: Victim identified after overnight shooting on Nicollet Avenue leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
Authorities have identified the man found dead by Minneapolis police early Saturday morning.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said Hassan Abu Mohamed, 31-years-old, died from a gunshot wound to the head.
Minneapolis police are investigating a shooting early Saturday morning where one man was killed and another was injured.
Minneapolis police found a vehicle stopped in the median on the 1500 block of Nicollet Avenue after receiving reports around 3:20 a.m.
Police said the man in the driver’s seat had been shot and died at the scene.
Police later discovered that a second man shot during the incident was taken to the hospital in a private vehicle and treated for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Police said the two victims were not in the same vehicle during the incident.
The Minneapolis Police Forensic Division processed the scene and collected evidence.
The Minneapolis Police Homicide Division is investigating the case.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online here. www.CrimeStoppersMN.org
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner will release information about the deceased.
This is the 40th death investigated as a homicide this year in Minneapolis.