Burglary suspect arrested during overnight Roseville standoff

[anvplayer video=”5143037″ station=”998122″]

UPDATE 11:40 a.m. – Authorities say a burglary suspect is in custody Thursday following an overnight standoff in Roseville.

According to the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were called to Roseville in order to search for a possible burglary suspect. The Sheriff’s Office says the suspect, identified as a 38-year-old man, was known to deputies, as they had had an encounter with him the night before.

According to Roseville Police Chief Erika Scheider, the call came in as a report of someone checking for unlocked vehicle doors and apartment windows in Roseville, as well as the man trying to cut screens on a house window to get inside, around 12:45 a.m. on the 2200 block of Pascal Street.

A perimeter was eventually set up by deputies, who were then told the man was driving away.

Eventually, the vehicle was stopped, and the man then made comments about killing law enforcement members, the Sheriff’s Office says. He was able to drive away, but was stopped again, and refused to get out of the vehicle.

Authorities add he wasn’t compliant with deputies, and PepperBall was eventually used to get him out of the vehicle, where he was then arrested without incident.

Chief Scheider says the man has been booked on charges of First-Degree Burglary and Fleeing Police in a Motor Vehicle, and adds a large machete was found in the man’s vehicle.

No injuries were reported during the standoff, which was cleared around 3:30 a.m. Thursday.

A previous version of this report can be found below.

INITIAL REPORT 6 a.m. – 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS captured video of a suspect being arrested overnight in Roseville after a standoff inside of a vehicle.

The suspect was held up inside of a vehicle on Commerce Street near Albert Street North.

SWAT officers surrounded the suspect, and called for him to exit the vehicle, before firing what appeared to be some sort of “less-lethal rounds.”

The suspect eventually surrendered and was taken into custody.

Commerce Street was closed for about 90 minutes but has since reopened.

KSTP-TV has reached out to law enforcement for additional details and will update this article when we receive information.