Minnesota to offer 6 free COVID-19 testing sites over weekend
Over the weekend, Minnesotans who need a COVID-19 test will be able to take advantage of free testing at six National Guard Armory locations in the state.
According to a release from Gov. Tim Walz's office, the sites collectively will have the capacity to collect 2,000 samples per day, or about 6,000 over the three-day weekend.
"Testing, tracing, and isolating are the best tools we have to understand the impact of the pandemic on our communities and to contain it, so we can continue safely navigating this pandemic," Walz said in a statement. "I am grateful the Minnesota National Guard is helping with this important effort."
Any Minnesotan can be tested and there is no charge for the test.
Testing sites will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Testing can be found the following locations:
- East St. Paul Armory – 1530 Maryland Ave. E, St. Paul
- Minneapolis Armory – 1025 15th St. NE, Minneapolis
- Moorhead Armory – 1002 15th Ave. N, Moorhead
- Duluth Armory – 4015 Airpark Blvd., Duluth
- Faribault Armory – 3000 W Airport Road, Faribault
- St. James Armory – 521 Armstrong Blvd. N, St. James