MDH: 9 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 406 current hospitalizations
Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) reported*:
- 9 new deaths from COVID-19
*MDH says all of the deaths reported Thursday are from June 2022.
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 957 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 41 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 6,301 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 365 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being “the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative.”
Additionally, MDH said:
- 10.1 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 2.28 million third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3.71 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 2.43 million people up to date with vaccine doses
- 75.2% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
As of May 23, 2022, MDH has expanded the data points it is reporting related to COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough cases. The full data set can be viewed here.
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Thursday, 83 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission. Another three counties are considered at a substantial spread, and one is at moderate spread.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.