MDH: 9 new COVID-19 deaths, 5,777 new cases
On Wednesday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported:
- Nine new deaths from COVID-19*
- 5,777 newly-reported positive COVID-19 tests*
*Data posted on Wednesday, Sept. 8 includes data from after 4 a.m. Friday, Sept. 3 to 4 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7.
Additionally, MDH said:
- Over 6.25 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- Over 3.14 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 72.2% of those 16 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Wednesday, 81 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission. Another six counties are considered at a substantial spread.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.