MDH: 8 COVID-19 deaths, 1,355 new positive cases
On Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported:
- 8 new deaths from COVID-19
- 1,355 newly-reported positive COVID-19 tests
Additionally, MDH said:
- Over 6 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- Over 3 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 70.7% of those 16 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Wednesday, 66 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission. Another 15 counties are considered at a substantial spread.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.
The map below displays data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as it pertains to community transmission levels. Courtesy: CDC
According to the CDC, counties in red have a high level of community transmission, in orange have a substantial level, in yellow have a moderate level and in blue have a low level.