MDH: 43 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 1,502 current hospitalizations
Friday, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) reported:
- 43 new deaths from COVID-19*
*MDH reported one death was from September, one was from December, and 41 were from this month.
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 946 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 213 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 5,360 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 1,289 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being “the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative.”
Additionally, MDH said:
- 9.17 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 2 million third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3.59 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 73.6% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Friday, all counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.