MDH: 4 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 193 current hospitalizations
Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) reported:
- 4 new deaths from COVID-19
*MDH says all of the deaths reported Thursday are from April 2022.
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 973 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 32 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 6,522 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 161 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being “the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative.”
Additionally, MDH said:
- 9.64 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 2.21 million third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3.69 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 2.55 million people up to date with vaccine doses
- 74.8% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Thursday, six counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission. Another 26 counties are considered at a substantial spread, and 7 have a low level of community transmission. All other counties are listed as having moderate spread.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.