MDH: 38 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 1,260 current hospitalizations
Friday, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) reported:
- 38 new deaths from COVID-19
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 908 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 194 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 5,542 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 1,066 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being “the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative.”
Additionally, MDH said:
- 9,249,964 COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 2,063,909 third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3,606,932 people have completed the vaccine series
- 73.9% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Friday, all counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.