MDH: 37 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 1,592 current hospitalizations
Wednesday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported*:
- 37 new deaths from COVID-19
*Data reported on Wednesday represents data as of the remainder of Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and as of 4 a.m. on Tuesday.
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 907 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 239 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 5,152 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 1,353 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being "the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative."
Additionally, MDH said:
- 9.05 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 1.94 million third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3.57 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 73.1% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Wednesday, all 87 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.