Man killed in St. Paul apparent drive-by shooting identified
Police have identified the man who was killed in an apparent drive-by shooting last week in St. Paul as 23-year-old Donte Combs.
According to police, the incident happened at about 10:20 p.m. Thursday on the 400 block of Thomas Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found Combs, who had suffered a gunshot wound.
Combs was taken to Regions Hospital, where he was pronounced dead Friday morning.
Police said a homicide investigation is underway and they are searching for the person, or people, responsible. Police said a preliminary investigation indicates the incident was a drive-by shooting and was not random.
Anyone with any information is asked to call 651-266-5650.