2 taken to hospital after fire at senior living community in Minnehaha neighborhood

[anvplayer video=”5132229″ station=”998122″]

Two people were taken to a hospital after a Wednesday morning fire at Nokomis Square Cooperative Senior Living Community.

Firefighters were called to the complex at around 6:20 a.m. and found heavy smoke in the first-floor hallway and a unit.

Residents of the affected unit and those nearby were evacuated while crews battled the fire.

Initially, the Minneapolis Fire Department stated there were no injuries but later said two residents were taken to a hospital for evaluation due to possible smoke inhalation and underlying health conditions.

The fire is under investigation.