Shady Oak Beach in Minnetonka to open Friday
The city of Minnetonka announced Tuesday that Shady Oak Beach will be opening on Friday, June 19.
The move comes in the light of Gov. Tim Walz’s recent order easing restrictions around COVID-19. The following modifications will be made at the beach:
- The beach will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- A pass is not required to enter and use Shady Oak Beach this season.
- The beach will not be staffed with a lifeguard. That being said, the city states to swim at your own risk and with caution.
- Buoys will outline the swimming area.
- The playground is open for use.
- The dock will remain closed all season.
- The high dive will remain closed all season.
- There will be no concessions, rentals amenities or obstacle course.
- There will be no full-time beach attendant. Part-time staff will clean the area daily.
- Drinking fountains and the foot wash stations are shut off for the season. Those visiting are asked to bring plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Indoor bathrooms are closed for the season. However, there will be additional portable toilets onsite.
- Social distancing requirements apply at all times. Please do not enter the beach if you are feeling sick.
For further questions, residents are asked to contact recreation superintendent Ann Davy at 952-939-8357.