Specialty menu, cocktail items announced for NHL Winter Classic
Fans attending the 2022 NHL Winter Classic at Target Field will be able to enjoy special menu items created for the event.
Wednesday morning, Delaware North, the food service provider for Target Field announced the special items that will be available for the matchup between the Minnesota Wild and the St. Louis Blues. The items are in addition to a majority of the food typically offered at Twins games.
Kurt Chenier, the executive chef for Delaware North at Target Field, said the company wanted to offer additional comfort food through the food and beverage program as the outdoor hockey game was played.
The five following items are among those being offered at the game:
- Midwestern Ramen: Broth, ramen noodles, soft-boiled egg, cilantro, smoked pork, green onions, bean sprouts and shredded carrots.
- Booyah: Braised short rib, chicken thighs and root vegetables simmered in beef, chicken and oxtail broth, and served with bread.
- Tater Tot Hot Dish: Hotdish with ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, winter vegetables and crispy tater tots.
- Soup Kitchen: Scratch-made soups such as lobster bisque, chicken gumbo and loaded baked potato served with bread.
- Pecos River Red Chili: Lead cubed sirloin steak and onions, Tex-Mex spices and chili peppers from The Loon Cafe.
Meanwhile, four specialty cocktails will be offered in areas such as the Delta SKY360 Club Bars, Townball Tavern and Hrbek’s.
- Salted Caramel Kahlua: Hot chocolate and Kahlua topped with marshmallows, salted caramel and chocolate.
- Peppermint Crush: Peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and peppermint shavings.
- Bailey’s Smore: Bailey’s and coffee topped with marshmallows, brownie bites and graham cracker crumbs.
- Pink Whitney and Soda: New Amsterdam’s Pink Whitney Vodka.
Prices of the featured items were not included in the release announcing the menu.