Running Aces Casino releases reopening plans
Friday, the management at Running Aces Casino, Hotel and Racetrack announced their multi-phased reopening plan, which works in accordance with the state and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The guidelines for each the casino, hotel and racetrack are as follows:
Running Aces Hotel – opening June 1
- Each check-in will receive a small pack of sanitizing wipes and instructions,
- All paper collateral will be removed from guest rooms,
- Upon checkout, rooms will be cleaned and not re-rented for 24 to 48 hours,
- Reduced daily housekeeping for multiple night stays. Contactless delivery will be available for requested items,
- Door key cards will be disinfected after use,
- Pre-made grab-n-go breakfast bags will be available for breakfast.
Running Aces is working with the Minnesota Racing Commission and Minnesota Harness Racing Inc. to finalize a 2020 racing schedule. A live racing season of 50 race days starting Saturday, June 20 and running through October 4 has been requested, according to a news release. Races would begin at 1 p.m. and run every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday with three additional Wednesdays in September. Running Aces says they are committed to hosting live racing even without fans. However, as soon as spectators can be welcomed back, Running Aces will do so according to state guidelines.
Horses will begin arriving to the stables on June 1. Those that utilize the stables will have their own set of safety and security protocols, including access to temperature checks, required face masks and increased cleaning of high-traffic areas.
Gaming and Dining Safety Measures
- A newly created position of Health and Safety Compliance Administrator to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed,
- Regulated entrance and exits into the building with reduced occupancy,
- Non-contact temperature checks for all guests and employees that enter the building using a thermal imaging camera,
- Face masks will be required for all employees and guests in the building,
- Social distancing by spreading gaming tables throughout the building,
- Reducing the number of people on gaming tables to three or four (depending on the game type and table size),
- Added Plexiglas shields for the dealers and players to be separated along with player/player shields,
- Daily cleaning of gaming chips,
- Increased frequency of changing out the cards on the gaming tables,
- Increased staffing in order to clean high traffic areas more frequently,
- Reduced restaurant operations and no self-service beverage stations.
Events and Concerts
Running Aces said it is finalizing details on how to utilize its parking lot to provide safe, in-car entertainment options with social distancing in mind. Some events being planned under the new safety guidelines include:
- Drive-in movies,
- Charitable car bingo,
- Live concerts, including Trilogy on June 20.
For more information on Running Aces' plans going forward, click here.