Reckless discharge of firearm causes bullet in ceiling, minor injury

The City of Moorhead is investigating a reckless discharge of a firearm. 

According to a news release, police responded to an accidental discharge of a firearm Sunday morning in the 400 block of Eighth Street South.

The person accidentally discharged the gun, causing a bullet to enter the ceiling, according to the release. There was no one above the room during the incident. 

Authorities stated that there was only a minor injury to the person handling the firearm and no one else was injured. 

Upon completion of the investigation, reports have been sent to Clay County Attorney's office for consideration of charges for reckless discharge of a firearm within a municipality.