Man airlifted to hospital after cooking accident

A man was airlifted to a hospital Tuesday night after suffering serious burns in a cooking accident in Avon.

The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to The Landing bar and grill in the 18000 block of County Road 154 at about 7:45 p.m.

Authorities said 21-year-old Peter Hagemann was working at the restaurant and was trying to relieve pressure on a commercial piece of kitchen equipment when it spilled cooking oil, burning him.

Due to the extent of the burns to his arms and back, a medical helicopter was called and Hagemann was airlifted to a hospital.