Group home in Stearns County damaged by fire, no injuries reported

A group home in Stearns County was damaged by fire early Saturday afternoon.

According to the Stearns County Sheriff's Office, at about 12:01 p.m. deputies responded to a possible fire at Loesch Supportive Living Services, a group home for disabled young adults, located in the 1900 block on Echo Road in Maine Prairie Township.

The owner of the group home received a call from a worker saying there was smoke inside the residence but no flames were seen. All residents were safely removed from the residence by the group home workers.

More from KSTP:

Fire at Minneapolis mosque under investigation

The fire was located in the floor cavity of the main floor of the building. A fire extinguisher was used to put out the flames. The Kimball Fire Department arrived and continued to address the fire.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, and a small portion of the residence sustained damage, according to the sheriff's office.

The owners of the group home had emergency plans set in place to make sure the residents were safely taken care of during the incident.

No injuries were reported by any residents or workers.