Gas leak leads to evacuation in part of St. Paul
Houses in part of the Payne-Phalen neighborhood in St. Paul were evacuated Wednesday due to a gas leak.
Xcel Energy confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that its crews reponded to the area of Maryland Avenue East and Arcade Street after a third-party construction crew struck a natural gas line while excavating in the area.
Fire department crews evacuated the area as a safety precaution and Xcel Energy said its crews worked to shut off the gas safely.
No other details were immediately available.