Fireworks suspected in Hugo garage fire

A garage in Hugo was destroyed Saturday night in a suspected fireworks-related fire.

According to Hugo Fire and Rescue, crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames but the attached garage was heavily damaged. Fortunately, the fire didn’t extend to the house and no injuries were reported.

However, the department says it’s important to exercise caution and be safe if using fireworks.

Crews from Forest Lake, White Bear Lake and Lino Lakes, as well as the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and M Health Fairview, also responded to the fire.

A garage is left damaged after a fire Saturday in Hugo that is believed to have been caused by fireworks. (Hugo Fire and Rescue)