DNR invites Minnesotans to celebrate New Year’s Day with guided hikes
Minnesotans will have the chance to participate in a variety of hiking events at state parks on New Year’s Day.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) states the guided hikes vary in difficulty and distance.
According to the DNR, the planned hikes are part of a nationwide effort to encourage people to get outside and enjoy nature plus learn about local history.
The following hiking events are planned for Jan. 1:
- 10-11 a.m. at Minneopa State Park
- 10-11:30 a.m. at William O’Brien State Park
- 1-2 p.m. at Mille Lacs Kathio State Park
- 1-3 p.m. at Itasca State Park
- 1-3 p.m. at Lake Bemidji State Park
- 1-3 p.m. at Whitewater State Park
The DNR says a vehicle permit ($7 for a one-day permit or $35 for a year-round permit) is required to enter Minnesota state parks.
Find more information on the hikes, including pre-registration options, here.