Canterbury Park announces opening night, promotional schedule
We’re less than two weeks from the return of live horse racing at Canterbury Park.
Tuesday, the horse racing venue announced its 2023 schedule, which includes opening night on May 27.
The racetrack’s season runs through Sept. 16, with horse racing on Wednesdays and Saturdays starting at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 1 p.m.
General admission for racing is $10 for adults, $7 for those aged 6-17 and free for anyone under 6, although special events may have additional entry fees.
Promotional days include $5 admission on Wednesdays and family day on Sundays with pony rides and face painting.
Also returning this summer are the special dog and exotic animal race days.
See Canterbury’s full promotional schedule below:
- May 27 – Opening Night with 5 p.m. racing
- June 3 – Taste of Canterbury – BBQ and Bourbon
- June 10 – Seltzer Fest
- June 11 – English Bulldog Races
- June 18 – Father’s Day Food Truck Festival
- June 21 – Northern Stars Turf Festival featuring $100,000 Canterbury Derby
- June 25 – Basset Hound Races
- July 1 – Taste of Canterbury – Tacos and Tequila
- July 3 – Kwik Trip Fireworks Spectacular with racing beginning at 4 p.m.
- July 8 – Canterbury Uncorked wine event
- July 16 – Extreme Race Day with camels, ostriches and zebras
- July 30 – Corgi Races
- Aug. 5 – Taste of Canterbury – Whiskey and Wings
- Aug. 6 – Coffee, Chocolate and Cupcakes Festival
- Aug. 12 – Minnesota Derby and Oaks and Beer Festival
- Aug. 13 – Wiener Dog Races
- Sept. 2 – Taste of Canterbury – Craft Cocktails and Charcuterie
- Sept. 9 – Minnesota Festival of Champions with more than $600,000 in stakes purses
- Sept. 17 – Final Day of 2023 Racing Season and Oktoberfest
More information is available online.