Businesses off 50th and France in Edina set to reopen
Businesses off West 50th Street and France Avenue S. in Edina are beginning to reopen after being closed for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"As exciting as it is to welcome people back to 50th & France, store owners are being extraordinarily thoughtful about how they can safely and effectively serve their customers," said Rachel Thelemann, executive director of the 50th & France Business Association. "We've been working collectively, with the City of Edina and the City of Minneapolis, to make sure we do this right."
Several retail stores have made significant changes to their spaces and service models to accommodate increased safety measures and social distancing. Some of those examples include the following:
- Enforced temperature checks and screening questions at The Optical and The Salon by Andrea Hunt
- Acrylic partitions at retailers such as Haven Nail Studio and RF Moeller
- Reduced class sizes at YogaFit, marked studio spaces and with added time between classes to clean
- Installation of UV air purifiers and touchless hand sanitizer at Grethen House boutique
- Many will continue to offer curbside pickup, including Haven Nail Studio, RF Moeller, Sweet Retreat and others
- RF Moeller also offers no-contact delivery, online shopping and video appointments via Zoom and FaceTime
- Sweet Retreat has created new, smaller packages that can include individually packaged cookies or cupcake as traditional graduation and birthday parties are no longer an option
- Grethen House is giving shoppers the option to book in-store appointments and virtual styling sessions
Restaurants have also prepared in opening up for patio dining and continued curbside service. More information on the city's details regarding restaurant operations can be found here.
Some updates from restaurants in the area include the following:
- Pajarito is now open for takeout
- Agra Culture and SotaRol have open spaces for distance between customers and still offer takeout and delivery
- Coalition's patio is open
- Edina Grill has both indoor and patio seating open, and is still doing curbside and delivery orders
- D'Amico opened for takeout on June 25
- Coconut Thai is now open for in-store dining
For a complete list of business openings and updates, click here.