Brooklyn Park couple dies of carbon monoxide poisoning at their cabin in Mille Lacs

A Brooklyn Park couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their hunting cabin in rural Isle, according to the Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Office.

County deputies were called to the cabin around 10:20 p.m. Sunday, officials said. The 911 caller said he arrived at the cabin and found his parents dead inside, according to the sheriff’s office.

Deputies found Mai and Moon Lee, both 66, “obviously deceased” inside the cabin. The Isle Fire Department was called to the scene and found a dangerous level of carbon monoxide inside the cabin, officials said.

Investigators believe that the couple was using a small charcoal stove without proper ventilation. Officials said they did not find a carbon monoxide detector in the cabin.

The sheriff’s office said it was assisted by the Isle Police department, Isle Fire Department, Mille Lacs Health Systems EMS and the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office.