Bloomington Police Department arrests multiple men in prostitution sting
Fourteen people were arrested in Bloomington after an undercover officer posed as a sex worker on websites known to authorities to provide prostitution services.
Authorities from the Bloomington Police Department Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and other law enforcement entities arrested numerous men between Sept. 13 and Sept. 20 in connection with an investigation into customers seeking prostitution services from juveniles and adults, according to a news release from the Bloomington Police Department.
Those arrested and charged include:
- Abdulrahman Mustafa Abdulrahman, 18, of New Brighton
- Miguel David Cortes Marin, 26, of Minneapolis
- Jacob Samuel Anderson, 26, of Woodbury
- Antonio Deangelo Epps, 30, of St. Paul
- Jorge Popoca-Santana, 29, of Bloomington
- Mustafa Nurdin Mustafa, 20, of Eagan
- Nayar Dedios Silva Valente, 30, of Eagan
- Aleem Rashid Hussain, 27, of Inver Grove Heights
- Eliot Adell Banks, 30, of Minneapolis
- Antonio Allen Ellis, 21, of Bloomington
- Layton Patrick De Zell, 44, of Woodbury
- Oreoluwa Oluwanifemi Akindele, 24, of Woodbury
- Henry Albert Brandtjen III, 64, of St. Paul
- Joshua Darius Cole, 29, of Alabama
Five of the 14 men will be arrested in connection with seeking prostitution services from a juvenile, according to Bloomington Police Chief Booker Hodges.
All of the men who were arrested were released pending charges, officials said. Chief Hodges said the charges are expected to be filed in the coming weeks as authorities gather additional evidence.