Starbucks 'pauses' use of personal cups over coronavirus concerns
Starbucks is taking some precautions for customers due to coronavirus.
According to a release, Starbucks has already taken a series of precautionary steps in response to COVID-19.
The steps the company is taking includes:
- Increasing cleaning and sanitizing for all company-operated stores to help prevent the spread of all germs, adding paid time for partners supporting the work,
- Pausing the use of personal cups and “for here” ware in stores, although it will continue to honor the 10-cent discount for anyone who brings in a personal cup or asks for “for here” ware,
- Providing scenario-based procedural information to store teams on how to report and support anyone that may express they’ve been impacted by the virus, including store closure decision-making support,
- Restricting all business-related air travel, domestic and international through March 31,
- Modifying or postponing large meetings across its offices in the U.S. and Canada.
To read the full release, click here.