MDH: 5 newly reported COVID-19 deaths, 276 current hospitalizations
Friday, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) reported:
- Five new deaths from COVID-19*
*MDH says all of the deaths reported Friday are from this month.
MDH also reported the following data regarding hospital capacity**:
- 1,031 ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 22 ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 6,399 non-ICU, non-COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
- 254 non-ICU, COVID beds in use for adult and pediatric patients
**For this data set, MDH defines COVID beds in use as being “the number of patients who are currently positive with COVID-19 occupying a staffed inpatient bed in Minnesota. This does not include patients that were once positive but are now negative.”
Additionally, MDH said:
- 9.8 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 2.23 million third-dose and booster shots have been administered
- 3.69 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 2.55 million people up to date with vaccine doses
- 74.9% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Friday, 39 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission. Another 36 counties are considered at a substantial spread.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.