Here’s how to donate medical supplies in Hennepin County
Protective gear is already running low for our local health care workers while local emergency officials say they’re expecting an increase in COVID-19 patients.
“We’re just ramping up,” said Eric Waage, director of Hennepin County Emergency Management. “We want to make sure there are supplies on hand, in these health care facilities, so they can turn and put a mask on when they need to put a mask on."
To help, Hennepin County has set up three drop-off locations for you to donate the following personal protective gear:
• Protective face wear — N95 or N100 respirators, PAPRs and surgical masks
• Nitrile gloves
• Tyvek coveralls
• Tyvek foot covers
• Eye protection (wraparounds or chemical splash)
Starting Monday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can drive up to three different locations — no questions or paperwork needed — to drop off gear:
• Hennepin County Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation, 3000 North Second St., Minneapolis
• Adult Correctional Facility,1145 Shenandoah Lane N., Plymouth
• Southdale Library, 7001 York Ave. S., Edina
Allina Health has also set up locations for people to help with the demand.