Archbishop Hebda suspends public masses for Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
[anvplayer video=”4861434″ station=”998122″]
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Archbishop Bernard Hebda announced the suspension of public masses for the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
The move comes after Hebda suspended the obligation for parishioners to celebrate Mass last week.
"Given both the moral impossibility of attending Mass, as well as the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass that was extended to the faithful of the Archdiocese last week, please rest assured that the missing of Mass in these conditions should not weigh on your conscience," Hebda said in a statement to the faithful.
The archbishop added a limited exception may be granted to a funeral or wedding Mass.
Hebda said the decision will be reevaluated in two weeks.