Minneapolis ‘hub sites’ offering extended hours, activities in event of teacher strike
Last week, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) representatives announced they are prepared to provide extended hours and activities for elementary school-age children at 10 recreation centers if Minneapolis Public School teachers strike.
Those 10 sites are:
- Bryant Square Recreation Center, 3101 Bryant Ave. S., 55408
- East Phillips Park Cultural and Community Center, 2307 S 17th Ave., 55404
- Farview Recreation Center, 621 N 29th Ave., 55411
- Longfellow Recreation Center, 3435 36th Ave. S.,55406
- Luxton Recreation Center, 112 Williams Ave. SE, 55414
- Lake Nokomis Community Center, 2401 E Minnehaha Parkway, 55417
- North Commons Recreation Center, 1801 James Ave. N., 55411
- Northeast Recreation Center, 1530 Johnson St. N, 55413
- Sibley Recreation Center, 1900 E 40th St., 55407
- Whittier Recreation Center, 425 W 26th St., 55405
Each site will offer activities for grades K-8 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and resume “normal” drop-in programs until 9 p.m.
A list of the “hub sites” and 37 other recreation centers can be found here.