Rob’s Coke Marinated Steak
Rob Barrett joins us to make a recipe that he shared 14 years ago on his very first appearance with TCL!
Back in 2008, he was tasked with coming up with a new Father’s Day recipe. He experimented with a beer marinated steak trying different combinations, until he found the right one.
- 1 can of Coke
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. top sirloin steak
- 2 spoonfuls brown sugar
- 1 spoonful salt
- 1 spoonful fresh ground pepper
- 1 spoonful onion powder
- 1/2 spoonful paprika
- Pour coke into large bowl. Add 1/2 chopped medium onion.
- Place steak in bowl making sure it is completely covered.
Cover and place in refrigerator.
Marinate steak for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika.
- Remove steak from marinade and completely coat with dry mixture.
- Grill over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes a side or until medium rare.
- Remove steak from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing.