Raspberry Funfetti Coffee Cake
Katy Gerdes from Angel Food Bakery is here to share a raspberry funfetti coffee cake recipe!
RASPBERRY FUNFETTI COFFEE CAKE
Funfetti Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles (jimmies)
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and rainbow sprinkles.
2) Add vanilla and melted butter and stir until dry ingredients are saturated and clumps form. Set aside in refrigerator.
Cream Cheese Filling:
12 oz cream cheese, softened
6 Tbsp sugar
1 egg white (save egg yolk for cake recipe below)
1) Mix together cream cheese & sugar until smooth.
2) Add egg and mix until smooth. Set aside.
Funfetti Coffee Cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (jimmies)
1/2 cup raspberry jam (can use any flavor of fruit filling)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Oven @ 350
Grease 9” spring form pan, sheet pan or angel food pan.
1) In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
2) In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down sides.
3) Add egg, yolk and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
4) Slowly mix in flour mixture alternating with sour cream. Fold in rainbow sprinkles.
5) Spread approx. 2/3 of batter into bottom of pan. Smooth with spoon.
6) Spoon cream cheese filling on top of batter.
7) Spoon raspberry jam on top of cream cheese.
8) Spoon remaining cake batter on top and spread as best as possible (you won’t have enough to cover the whole top).
9) Scatter crumb topping on top and bake for approx. 45-60 minutes until cake golden brown, not jiggle & a tooth pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter.
10) Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar