Cowboy Caviar and Queso Panela
As we continue to soak up the summer, Melissa Silva, owner of El Burrito Mercado, joins us today to share her pro-tips on some unbeatable summer recipes!
Try out her recipes today!
- Red onion
- Red and green pepper
- Beans and cilantro
- Roast poblano pepper on an open flame
- Slice and remove stem and seeds
- Roast corn and chop it off of the cob, add to mix
- Make this as a salad or a garnish!
Tips for when making Queso Panela
- Slice into long slices
- Pre-heat a skillet or non-stick pan with some oil
- Add cheese and turn on each side after about 15 seconds on each side until golden brown
- Warm salsa or sauce, add to the pan with queso to make tacos
- Dip the cheese in whipped egg, dip in breading mixture and bake or fry in a pan
- Drizzle honey on the toasted queso and place on bread slices with apple or peach slices
- You can add Mexican cheese to your Cowboy Caviar
- Sear on a pan