Classic Cheeseburger Recipe
It’s Day 7 of our collaboration with the Minnesota Beef Council and the Minnesota Pork Board for 12 Days of Grilling. Haley Ekstrom a 6th generation Cattle farmer and a Trailblazer Ambassador for the Minnesota Beef creates the classic cheeseburger.
1 ½ pound ground thawed burger
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
Sliced tomato, lettuce, sliced American cheese, lettuce, pickles, fried onions
4 Hamburger buns split (toast on grill)
Choice of spread (ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise)
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and other meat seasonings in a large bowl. Gently mix to combine all ingredients
- Divide mixture into 4 even portions, press into thick 1” patties
- Drizzle oil lightly onto patties before placing on preheated grill
- Burgers will cook 4 minutes on each side until 160 degrees internal temp
- Key to burgers: don’t over flip!! Let them cook nice and evenly on grill
- Lightly brush softened butter onto each patty while they cook to help bring out the flavors of the beef!
- Last 30 seconds put selected variety of cheese on burgers!
- While cheese melts, toast your buns as well on grill last 30 seconds
Now stack your cheeseburger creation on your toasted buns + enjoy!