September 08, 2018 05:32 PM
An apartment fire left a woman with severe burns Saturday in St. Paul.
According to the St. Paul Fire Department, a call was made at 11:43 a.m. to a report of an apartment fire at 1693 Sherburne Avenue on the third floor of the building. Crews arrived at the scene and found a 53-year-old woman who was unconscious and had to be carried out of the building. The victim was allegedly cooking on the stove-top when the fire happened, but officials do not yet know the exact cause.
More from KSTP:
The woman suffered second-and-third-degree burns, smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. She was transported to Hennepin Healthcare and out in the hyperbaric chamber for treatment, according to the fire department. As of now, officials believe she will make it.
The unit suffered extensive damage and is uninhabitable. The rest of the apartment building endured some smoke damage but residents were let back into their homes.
Updated: September 08, 2018 05:32 PM
Created: September 08, 2018 05:26 PM
Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company