Woman charged in connection to Minneapolis realtor death makes first court appearance

Elsa Elena Segura Photo: Hennepin County Jail
Elsa Elena Segura

Updated: January 22, 2020 03:55 PM

The woman charged in connection to the murder of a young mother and realtor in Minneapolis made her first appearance in court Wednesday.

Elsa Segura is charged with one count of kidnapping.


Bail for Segura was set at $500,000 with conditions and $1 million without, according to court records.

A criminal complaint states Segura left voicemails on Monique Baugh's cellphone requesting a showing for a home in Maple Grove.

Woman charged in connection to Minneapolis realtor's death turns herself in to police

After Baugh came to the house for the showing, police say Baugh was abducted by two men who carried her into a U-Haul van. Later that day, officers responded to the 1300 block of Russell Avenue North in Minneapolis after a ShotSpotter report and found Baugh with multiple gunshot wounds and duct tape around one of her wrists. She was pronounced dead a short time later.

Cedric Lamont Berry, 41, of Minneapolis, was charged earlier this month with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of kidnapping to commit great bodily harm in connection to Baugh's death. Another man, Berry Davis, was charged via summons last week with one count of second-degree murder and one count of kidnapping. According to a complaint, Berry and Davis' phone records show the two were in locations that were "pertinent to the investigation," including the area near where Baugh was found.

Segura turned herself in to authorities Tuesday.

Connect with KSTP

Join the conversation on our social media platforms. Share your comments on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.



Copyright 2020 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company


Man airlifted to hospital after train hits truck in Freeborn County

1 in custody after hours-long standoff in Waseca

UPDATE: Dow Jones closes down over 800 points on fears virus will stunt economy

Man dead, 2 teens treated after Andover house fire